Psalm 8:6 “What is man… You have put all things under his feet…”
Romans 8:21 “… the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery
to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God”
Revelation 21:1,5,7 “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth;
for the first heaven and the first earth passed away…
And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.”
The above scriptures reveal the awesome potential of man-kind to inherit the new universe that the Creator has in mind as the reward for those who overcome “the great dragon… the serpent of old who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world… And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony…” (Rev 12:9,11).
This awesome potential and reward has been cleverly and diabolically hidden from man-kind because of a very powerful spirit being that was once named Lucifer, the “light bringer”, but who was later renamed Satan when he rebelled against his Creator because of a lie that he entertained in his mind and then allowed to become his religion. That lie was pantheism. He used that lie to rationalize and justify his rebellion. He deceived one-third of the other angel spirit beings with this same mental construct. He also deceived man with it. This is the main lie that man-kind must overcome in order to inherit the new spiritual universe, which was our destiny from the very beginning and was another reason Satan rebelled. He wanted to rule this universe instead of helping man to fulfill that position and office.
But beyond this awesome reward of ruling the entire new universe, there are other rewards that are just as awesome. The following list is presented to educate and inspire this end-time generation about some very special rewards that are not granted and promised to any other generations on earth. This generation will be known as the “Firstfruits“.
1. The Firstfruits will be in the first resurrection, and will rule with the Messiah on earth for 1,000 years, known as the Millenium (Rev 20:4-6).
2. The Firstfruits will marry the Messiah on the Pentecost, Holyday #3. This will occur on earth BEFORE the Messiah returns on Holyday #4. The very first Pentecost at Mount Sinai was meant as a TYPE to forever picture this event. This marriage relationship will constitute the “Pentecost Nation“, a time of health and prosperity for those who come out of this world and “join” the Messiah in the desert oasis created for them in fulfillment of Holyday #2..
3. The Firstfruits will be the Bride of the Messiah FOREVER. This is why marriage was instituted as a lifetime covenant, in order to picture this Divinely ordained relationship that will exist for all eternity between these special beings.
4. The Firstfruits as the Bride of the Messiah will attend the “marriage supper of the Lamb” (Rev 19:7-9) which corresponds to the great supper of God (Rev 19:17-19), the Battle of Armageddon (Rev 14:13-17), which is also the reward mentioned in Psalm 149:5-9 as the “honor for all His godly ones” to “execute on them the judgment written”.
5. The Firstfruits will sit with the Messiah on His Throne as an overcomer (Rev 3:21).
6. The Firstfruits as the Bride and Wife of the Messiah will beget children during the Millenium. Notice that the Messiah will then fulfill the role of being an “Eternal Father” as He is named in Isaiah 9:6.
7. The Firstfruits will always have a very special eternal relationship with the One sitting on the Throne as being personally begotten by Him as their Father. This is why the Messiah instructed his disciples to pray “Our Father who art in heaven” (Mt 6:9). Those begotten during the Millenium and the Last Great Day period will have the Messiah as “their Father” spiritually, in accord with Isaiah 9:6.
Now, given the awesome potential and rewards listed above, let us meditate on this wonderful future time and be more encouraged to overcome the lies and deceptions of Satan that are causing the sufferings and trials that war against our souls in this present evil world, even as the apostle Paul says in Romans 8:18 —
“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”